Kai Jasey's Portfolio
This is the professional portfolio of Kai Jasey.
I am currently seeking employment in the technology and video game industry. I am in the process of bettering my skills as a computer graphics engineer and gameplay programmer. I am open to other opportunities.
I love programming!
ProjectsWhat I've done outside of employment and school.
Project links are a work in progress, please bear with me.
- Wireframe Software Renderer 2022-Current. [link]
- Program can import, parse, and render OBJ files
- Learned Linear Algebra and applied that knowledge in the renderer
- Process is platform agnostic, can run with any graphics library.
- Technologies: Python, QBasic/QB64 for testing, PyGame, and Graphics.Py
Pythagorean Circle Drawing Algorithm 2022. [link]
- Reverse Engineered Pythagorean Theorem to draw a semi circle.
- Designed as an excercize in both mathematics and to get me used to SDL programming in C.
- Part of a my greater explorations into C and SDL. See that here.
- Technologies: C, QB64, SDL, Emscripten
Software and Tools Development
BF Transpiler October 2022. [link]
- Used Python to create a transpiler for a barebones programming language.
- Transpiles from BF to Java, Dartmouth BASIC, C, and Python
Art Grinder Program 2021.
- Created prototype of multi-screen art program designed to inspire artists and help them train their muscle memory.
- Designed around practice method learned in summer art program.
- Program rapidly displays images in intervals, forcing the artist to copy or trace the images they see in a short amount of time.
- Technologies: Processing 4 (Java based)
Famitracker MIDI Conversion Tool 2020. [link]
- Script to convert simple Famitracker files to MIDI files for use
- Studied the MIDI standard and implamented it with the help of the mido module.
- Technologies: Python, MIDI, GB Studio, Famitracker
Famitracker Protracker MOD Conversion Tool 2020. [link]
- Similar to the MIDI conversion tool, but for Protracker files.
- Designed to provide an alternative method of melody dictation for composers working with the GB Studio game engine that might be used to working in the mature famitracker environment.
- Technologies: Python, GB Studio, Famitracker
Game Programming and Design
Jam Allergy vs The Ninja Microbe (Sega Genesis Game) 2021. [link]
- Indie action game quickly developed for the Scarlet Game Jam of fall 2021.
- Studied spatial partitioning (this was inititally to be a bullet hell game) to manage the sprites, but eventually pivoted to a simpler strategy.
- Music, Graphics, Programming all created within 5 hours.
- Technologies Used: BASIC, Deflemask
Plattyo 2020. [link]
- Created a deceptively simple platformer.
- Designed the levels to take advantage of simple gameplay loop to force the player to think about the level before rushing through.
- Technologies Used: Game Maker Studio, HTML5
- TeraTiles 2022-2023.
- Working with a team to compose music to a mobile game.
- Producing orchestral, rock, and exciting music to uplift the game experience.
- Feed Me! 2022. [link]
- Worked with a team to compose the full soundtrack of the game.
- Produced Ambient, Glitchy music in collaboration with a small game dev team to sell the chaotic themes of the game.
"Birds of a Feather" Rutgers Animation Club Movie 2022. [link]
- Produced a tense, orchestral song to supplant a tense moment of the film [2:55-3:50].